Your Hair Is The Piece Of Clothing You Never Take Off
Your hair is the piece of clothing you never take off.
Think about it, do you treat your hair the same as other fabrics you wear?
The hair on your head could be anywhere from 1-5 years old, do you have any clothes that you have kept that long, let alone worn everyday?
OK let me put this in perspective…
If your hair is half as long as the woman in the picture, its about 3 years old. That’s like a tee shirt you’ve worn for 1000 days straight. Lets say you’re one of those lucky ones who only has to wash your hair once a week, that means you’ve washed your tee shirt 150 times!
What is the fabric of your tee shirt like after 150 washes?
Thin and maybe has a few holes?
What is the colour like?
Faded and muted?
Washing and wearing is only one of the things we do to our hair that we wouldn’t even do to our much loved tee shirt, how about…?
- summers at the beach and in the pool (salt AND chlorine)
- frequent blow drying and ironing
- washing in super hot water in winter
So whats the point of this article?
- Its not to scare you but to empower you, so you realise what you put your poor old hair thorough.
- Its to encourage you to think about your hair as much as you can while you’re living your best life.
- Its to make you realise that while we hairdressers are truly amazing, we only have your hair for maybe 3 hours every 6 weeks. You can undo the good we’ve done very quickly.
When your colour fades quicker than you’d like please remember this tee shirt analogy. Please take our professional advise when it comes to the products you use on your tee shirt, oops I mean hair!
Your hair is not your favorite pair of jeans that you wear frequently but spend more time indoors out of the sun and protected from UV in a draw or cupboard.
If you’d like to book an appointment to give your hair or scalp some love. We’d be happy to talk through it’s current condition as part of your initial consultation. All the details to make a booking can be found here.